When it comes to making the most of your personal brand, a professional looking head shot is one of the most powerful tools in your bag. Is yours up to scratch? Here are 5 signs that it might not be...
1. It’s a selfie - because it felt better to be in control of your own angles but if you’re honest, your face is a little close to the camera and you can almost see the arm-stretch in those eyes.
2. You’ve cropped down a group photo - and now there’s half of someone’s head against against yours and what looks like a dismembered arm draped over your shoulder.
3. It was taken 10 years ago. And yes, it’s nice that you look a little less wrinkled but there’s a chance your client will walk straight past at your first meeting because you grew out that bob in early 2012.
4. You’ve used the same photo on every social media platform. Facebook, Bumble, LinkedIn, all for one one and one for all, like a musketeer but less professional.
5. It’s pixelated. It looked great on your phone but blown up it’s all going a bit blurry. You’re consoling yourself by claiming it’s an homage to the pointillist movement.
Guilty of one or more of the above? You’re in good company but it may be time to get in a professional.
Leigh is a London based environmental photographer, specialising in personal branding shoots and corporate headshots. No stuffy studios, just modern, natural portraits for modern entrepreneurs.